Some people are interested in achievement, while others are committed. What happens next is a direct result of those choices.
Here are 10 Principles that help create Peak Performance:
- Clarity of Vision- This includes specific goals and outcomes that are easily measured. It also includes an elevated vision of Self. When you know Who you are, you tend to know What to do.
- Self-Directed Action– Always in the direction of the desired outcomes. The pre-occupation with the vision creates inspired action. All peak performers are self-motivated.
- High Commitment to Personal Role and Responsibility- The relentless willingness to do what’s needed, along with the determination to see the journey through, provide resilience to overcome obstacles relatively easily.
- Mindset of Empowerment- The “I’ve got this” focus of active positive messaging despite setbacks are all self-generated. Self-doubt is rare.
- Willingness to Learn– A high desire for insights that provide a competitive edge brings an openness to engage experts.
- Improvement, Elevation and Expansion Focus– “What makes me better?” Past success fades, and the exuberance of what else is possible replaces complacency. Refined action displaces disappointment or fear.
- Engagement Hunger- There’s a high desire to push Self towards outcomes while finding personal satisfaction within the effort.
- Working Wisdom and Honesty- The effort is focused for maximum payoff within hierarchical priorities. There’s an understanding that effort is impaired by a variety of human factors that may require balance offsets. Peak performers tell themselves the truth about how well they are doing their part.
- Anticipation Sensing– The ability to see, feel and know with certainty that the desired outcomes will happen. The vision becomes inevitable because of the level of personal effort and creativity.
- Refinement and Enjoyment- There’s an ongoing curiosity about what might be more effective, and a recognition that even the smallest distinction could create an enormous payoff. It feels good to be immersed in the hard work that creates the desired outcomes.
In my experience as a trusted advisor to many highly successful people including; Professional Athletes, Emmy Award Winners, Fortune 500 Executives and Technology Visionary’s, this theme is consistent:
Believing in yourself is not enough.
Knowing Who you are, and the Mindset that What you want is Inevitable; are the real game-changers.
Reach out and we’ll talk about what’s important to you.